A bit about me:
|My consecration by +Mar Ioahannes IV|
In addition to my work with the AGC, I'm also a Free Initiator in the Martinist tradition and author of the soon to be published "Secret Sayings: Meditations on the Gospel of Thomas," and "What Sets Us Free - Gnosticism and Liberation."
I'm also a long time advocate and activist for social justice and nonviolence. I first became active during the buildup for the First Gulf War. Since then, I've been involved in protests against the Second Gulf War and other military conflicts, anti-globalization marches, rallies against police brutality, the campaigns to free political prisoners such as Mumia Abu-Jamal and Leonard Peltier, actions in solidarity with the Palestinian people's struggle for justice, and the Occupy Wall Street movement.
I live just outside New York City with my wife and two noisy birds.
Guidelines for comments:
I'm glad you're here--and can't wait to hear what you're thinking. But when you're composing that insightful comment, remember--if you can't play nicely, I'll take your ball and send you home. Or at the very least, delete the offending post. Repeat offenders may be banned. Should I be more specific?
- Be polite. It never hurts to be nice, and you'll be much more likely to get a useful response when you're civil.
- Think, then speak. Are your comments helpful? Encouraging?
- Stay on topic.
- Consider Godwin's Law in effect. First to violate it loses, and the conversation is over.
You should not:
- Use inappropriate language or provide links/trackbacks to obscene or inappropriate content. This includes using obscenities as well as being just plain mean.
- Defame an individual or group. Racists, sexists, homophobes, islamophobes aren't welcome. Have your Tea Party elsewhere.
- Violate any trademarks or copyrighted material.
- Upload or link to viruses or other malicious code.
- Violate the privacy of others.
- Feed the trolls. It only encourages them.
These don't cover every possible naughty (or nice) act. I reserve the right to reject or redact any comments or posts that violate the spirit, as well as the letter, of these policies. And for good comments? Sometimes I have cookies. Or a nice cigar.